IBCCES is a global leader in online training and certification programs. One of the newest courses delivered through IBCCES University is our Online ABA Training for the Advanced Certified Autism Specialist program.
ABA Online Training for the Advanced Certified Autism Specalist
IBCCES University Online Training for ACAS Credentialing
This dynamic Online Training Course is a comprehensive online training program that is delivered in recorded webcast formats, with free access to downloadable learning materials.
Not good with computers? Don’t worry – everything is easy to use. Our format makes our training available to anyone in the world with a strong Internet connection. In case you run into problems, our Customer Support team will be available to help.
In addition to the training webcasts, all related learning materials are included in the cost of the course.
Below you will find about the Online Training Course for the ACAS.
WHY ONLINE FORMAT?
Convenience & Flexibility
With the online format, you can access the training from the comfort, convenience and the privacy of your home or office.
Participants also have absolute freedom and flexibility with scheduling. You are fully in charge of your study time.
The online format eliminates the need for travel, venue rental, event planning expenses, and other overhead costs.
Why would you hustle your way to class or rent a venue when you can simply sit in front of your home or office computer and enjoy the training sessions?
The only prerequisite for taking this Level 2 ABA Online Training for the Advanced Certified Autism Specialist is that you must first be recognized by IBCCES as a Certified Autism Specialist.
TESTS & CERTIFICATION
Tests are administered in the form of multiple choices. Students must demonstrate mastery by passing a post-test with a score of 80% or higher before they can move onto the next module. Every test is graded automatically through the training system. Your results are displayed immediately.
Upon completion of all sessions, you will need to take a final exam. Upon completion of the final exam with a score of 80%, you will receive a digital Proof of Completion that you can print out as needed.
The content of the course was developed under the guidance of Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and other professionals with clinical ABA experience so you can be guaranteed that you are learning from highly trained and experienced experts with extensive practical knowledge and experience.
The training is designed to support successful ABA programming in the home, center, school or community environments. During the course, you will be able to implement what you learn immediately to see how the training is making you a stronger ABA practitioner.
- To learn about ABA beyond the basic material.
- To understand methods of teaching supported by research in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- To be able to use methods to increase Active Student Responding in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- To be able to identify common teaching methodologies, their strengths and weaknesses, and be able to choose the appropriate methodology to use.
- To be able to assess and address behavioral issues.
- To understand the role and importance of identifying functions of behaviors in addressing behavioral issues.
- To understand how to teach learning to increase their social skills.
COURSE MODULES – ADVANCED CERTIFIED AUTISM SPECIALIST
Level 1 or Level 2 ABA Training will be assigned based on current qualifications held by the professional undergoing the ACAS program. Breakdowns are available below of each the Level 1 and Level 2 ABA training. Please note that you will be issued ONE of these trainings based on your qualifications and experience in ABA.
Beginner/Intermediate ABA Program (Level 1 ABA)
- Introduction to Autism and ABA
- Introduction to Skill Repertoire Building: Identifying What to Teach and How to Teach it
- The Discrete Trial
- Skill Repertoire Building Procedures
- Behavior Management: Assessment & Interventions
- Skill Repertoire Building Data Collection
- Behavior Management Data Collection
- Graphing Behavior Change
- Generalized Behavior Change
- Ethical Guidelines for Therapists Implementing ABA Treatment
- Understanding the Therapist’s Role in the ABA Treatment Process
- Mand Training- Teaching Basic Requesting Skills
- Prevention of Crisis Behavior – Steps to Take Prior to an Emergency
Advanced ABA Program (Level 2 ABA)
This course is for professionals already familiar with ABA that are looking to expand their knowledge into more advanced topics. It will not cover any aspects of the beginning level 1 training.
- Ethics for Professionals in Behavioral and Allied Sciences
- Autism: Typical Child Development
- Applying Effective Programming: Prioritizing Treatment Targets
- Applying Effective Programming: Visual Modifications
- Ethics and Professionalism: Ethics
- Executive Function – Curriculum Overview
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Practical Strategies for Teaching Executive Function Skills
- Designing Functional Treatment Programs
- Troubleshooting Intensive ABA Programs – When an Individual Isn’t Learning
- Effective Programming and Strategies for Conversation Training
The Level 2 ABA Training has been approved for 18 Type II CEUs by the BACB.
REQUIRED AND SUGGESTED MATERIALS
IBCCES University provides all the materials necessary to successfully complete the ABA training course for ACAS applicants.
Prior to each session, students are required to complete a 10 question multiple choice pre-test. Although this test is graded, it’s not mandatory that you pass it before you are granted access to the webcast.
The pre-test is only used as a baseline for determining what level of pre-requisite knowledge the participant has prior to taking the course.
We strongly advise that you answer the questions without referring to any reference materials.
Upon completion of each session, students are required to complete a multiple choice test that is graded. The test results are available immediately.
The post-test is graded based on the standard ABA mastery criteria of 80% and above. Students will NOT be able to move to the next session until they have passed the post-test.
If a student does not pass the post-test, he or she can review the information and retake the exam as many times as is required to achieve mastery. For the tests to have the greatest effect, we strongly encourage students to treat it like in-class quizzes.
The post-tests are meant to give you a good idea of how well you are learning the material, and are also aimed to reinforce learning.
Course Duration & Pacing:
Each student is given a maximum of 8 weeks to complete the course.
Students are able to take the course at their own pace as long as they complete the entire program within the 8-week period.
In the event that the student does not complete the course within the stipulated 8-week period, he or she may request for an extension for an additional fee.
At the end of the training program, students are required to complete a comprehensive Certification Exam. Mastery of the certification exam will demonstrate the student’s retention of the information contained in the online course and well as asses their working knowledge of the field of ABA.
The final assessment test covers all topics addressed in each learning module.
The test is graded based on the standard 80-100% mastery criteria and results are automatically displayed to students after submission of answers.
To attain the pass grade, students are strongly encouraged to treat this like an in-class exam.
In the event of failure to pass the final mastery test, the student is allowed to retake the test multiple times until he or she demonstrates mastery.
Successful completion of the course is a mandatory requirement for students to obtain their proof of completion.