Certified Autism Specialist Application Process
Credentials and Examination
The only means of obtaining an IBCCES credential is by meeting required prerequisites and passing the autism competency examination.
Overview Of The Certified Autism Specialist Application Process
- Applicants must complete the easy, quick and secure online application using their full legal name as stated in their name of record with IBCCES. Users will register for a password-protected account where they can then create, store, update and submit their application. Online applicants must pay the application fee online, then upload and attach all supporting documentation into their account. School Districts and organizations registering 10 or more will have the option of mailing a purchase order.
- IBCCES reviews the applicant’s documentation and compares educational and career experience to the published prerequisites and/or requirement.
- Ineligible applicants are informed of their ineligibility and reasons for that decision in approximately two weeks from receipt of the application and all supporting documentation in the IBCCES office.
- IBCCES sends (via email and mail to the address on file) approved applicants a confirmation notifying them of their assigned credential number within approximately two to four weeks from receipt of the application. Approved applicants may also find a copy of the Credential Number in their IBCCES account.
- After a credential is earned, the Registrant will receive a certification letter containing an IBCCES Identification (ID) Card. The official certificate will be stored and made available in your account to print and download upon being issued a credential number. The name of the Registrant is printed on the certificate exactly as written on the application form. The official IBCCES Identification Card is sent at a later date.
- The Registrant is listed in the IBCCES online directory search for verification by any third party.
If the review of an application results in a determination of non-compliance with a prerequisite and/or the IBCCES Examination Requirement, and the applicant is therefore determined to be ineligible, the applicant will be refunded with a written request (minus $150 to cover processing and exam fees).